Corcovado National Park Tours
Corcovado National Park is located on the Osa Peninsula in southwestern Costa Rica. The park was established on Oct. 24, 1975 and covers 424 sq km. National Geographic called it “the most biologically intense place on Earth in terms of biodiversity.” In the park it is possible to see species such as the Baird’s Tapier, Harpy Eagle, Puma, Squirrel Monkey, White-faced Capuchin, Mantled Howler, Geoffroy’s Spider Monkey, Two-toed Sloth, Three-toed Sloth, Collared Peccary, and more…
A park entrance reservation and tour guide are required to enter the park for any length of time. You are not permitted to bring and eat your own food in Sirena when walking La Leona-Sirena or Los Patos-Sirena after January 15, 2017 so you need to purchase meals from the restaurant in Sirena. This has been reflected in the tours.
**Note that Sirena currently has limited capacity so please reserve your overnight tours a month in advance to ensure your dates are available**
*Sirena is closed for the month of October, however, daily tours around La Leona are still possible.
1 Day Park Tour from Puerto Jimenez
- Leave Puerto Jimenez at 6am and return by 5pm. Approximately 5 hours of hiking near the La Leona Station
- Tour includes guide services and entrance fees
- $75 per person, min. 2 people
2 and 3 Day Park Tours from Puerto Jimenez
- Leave Puerto Jimenez at 6am and begin a moderate hiking tour from La Leona Station (approx. 6-7hr hike) to the Sirena Station
- Spend the night at Sirena and the following day hike back to Carate to return to Puerto Jimenez by 5pm. A 3 day tour includes one full day hiking the trails surrounding Sirena prior to hiking back on the third day to Carate.
- For a more difficult hike, the Los Patos trail (approximately 8-9 hrs) can be incorporated into the tour.
- Tour includes guide services, entrance fees, accommodations at Sirena, and select meals.
- 2 days/1 night, dinner included: $205 per person, min. 2 people
- 3 days/2 nights, dinner, breakfast, lunch, and dinner included: $380 per person, min. 2 people
2 and 3 Day Park Tours from Puerto Jimenez to Drake Bay
- Leave Puerto Jimenez at 6am. Hike to Sirena on the La Leona trail.
- Spend 1 or 2 nights at Sirena, hiking the trails during the day, and take the boat to Drake Bay the following afternoon.
- Tour can also be done from Drake Bay to Puerto Jimenez
- Tour includes guide services, entrance fees, accommodations at Sirena, select meals, and the boat to Drake Bay
- 2 days/1 night, dinner and breakfast included: $255 per person, min. 2 people
- 3 days/2 nights, dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and breakfast included: $430 per person, min. 2 people
1 Day Park Tour from Drake Bay
- Leave Drake Bay at 6am and return by 2:30pm
- Approximately 5 hours of hiking the Sirena trails
- Tour includes guide services, entrance fees, transportation, and a box-lunch
- $95 per person
Corcovado by Plane
- We will take a 15 min. plane ride from Puerto Jimenez to the Sirena Ranger Station.
- After spending the day on the trails around Sirena, we will take a short plane ride back to Puerto Jimenez
- Tour includes guide services, entrance fees and transportation
- Contact for pricing!
Transportation is not included in the prices above unless otherwise noted. There are 3 options for transportation to Carate:
1)You may use your own 4×4 car rental, but please be advised you do have to cross rivers.
2)There is public transportation in the form of a truck with wooden seats in the back that charges $10 each way per person.
3)The final option is a shared taxi that charges $15 each way per person.
**Prices subject to change without notice**